Welcome to the Cafe of Answers! :)

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Princess of the Midnight Ball

Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
Published: January 2009

Summary from the official site:
          Returning home from the war, young Galen finds work with his mother’s family in the royal gardens. There he learns that the king’s twelve daughters have a secret: every night they dance their shoes to tatters, but no one knows how or why. When prince after prince tries and fails to find the answer, and the family is haunted by accusations of witchcraft, Galen decides to help. Armed with a pair of silver knitting needles and an invisibility cloak given to him by a strange old woman, he follows the princesses and unlocks the secret of their curse.

My review!!!!! :)
 In my opinion, this book was amazing!!! I can't believe that it took me so long to find this, I mean this book has it all! Romance! Drama! Magic! Princes! Princesses! Violence!(but ya know, not too much violence) 
Another great thing about this book, is that there are two stories being told at the same time. One side is about the oldest princess, Princess Rose. And the other side is from Galen, a former solider and now a palace gardener. Did you get that? If not, let me show you. Galen is a palace gardener and Rose is a princess. So........... princesses live in palaces and palaces have royal gardens!!!! So BAM!!!!! Here we are, Galen and Rose meet, therefore their stories are connected!
Overall this book was super amazing. The characters are so realistic, that when you finish the book, you'll feel like you've known them forever!!!! I simply adored how sweet Rose was and how brilliant Rose was! It's such a fun and sweet story that you'll fall head over heals for it!
Overall, I give this story five stars!!!!! Oh yeah, I almost forgot, this book also has some knitting patterns from story!!!! Visit the site to see some of them!!!
http://www.jessicadaygeorge.com/Books/PrincessOfTheMidnightBall/default.aspx
 





2 comments:

Marianne Pysh said...

Just wanted to say hello! I'm visiting & following from the Blog Hop 10! What a great little blog you have! I loved your post on "followers". I remember when I first starting blogging how great it was to log in and see not only followers and comments! Keep on bloggin! (PS. There are a lot of great blog hops out there that will help you increase your followers and gain readers! I do 3 or 4 of them a week, sometimes more!)
Lucy's Human
http://lucyshuman.blogspot.com/

Melissa @ Mel's Books and Info said...

Great review! Thank you for stopping by my blog. I look forward to reading more of your reviews.

Related Posts with Thumbnails